During the hot summer months, you can help your pooch cool down with these nutritious treats, all easy to make and 100 percent doggy approved. The recipes below are healthy, delicious and can be made in no time at all (two shakes of a tail in dog speak). Not only will your pup love them but they’re also a useful way to get rid of those over-ripe bananas or left-over chicken.
Fruit and Yoghurt Pup-sicles
- 1 cup plain non-fat yogurt
- ¼ cup fresh blueberries
- 2 cups fresh strawberries
- 1 banana, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1/2 of a peeled cucumber
- Place all ingredients in blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour into ice cube trays and freeze.
- Serve to your pet.